Welcome to Creekside!
We are very excited that your family might soon be joining our community of learning!
Students entering Kindergarten must have reached their fifth birthday on or before September 30th of the year in which they enroll. Students must register at the school to which they are zoned before beginning classes.
School attendance zones can be found using the “School Zone Locator” using the link below. A specific street number and street address must be entered.
At the time of registration, the parent or legal guardian (proof of guardianship required) must submit a photo identification and proof of residency in the City of Suffolk. Acceptable proofs of residency include, but are not limited to:
- Utility bill (gas, water or electric) within the last two months for the current Suffolk address,
- Rental lease, rental agreement, deed or mortgage contract for the current Suffolk address
- Suffolk Driver’s License or Division of Motor Vehicles Identification Card with the current Suffolk address listed as residence
To enroll a child in a public school division in Virginia, state law required the parent/guardian provide certain information to the school division:
- Birth Certificate, original certificate of birth or certified copy
- School Entrance Physical and Immunization Certificate completed by a physician. This form may be obtained from any Suffolk public school, the Suffolk City Health Department, family practice medical office, or military medical clinic. Kindergarten physicals must be dated within 12 months of the start of school.
- Immunization Record
- Expulsion Statement, if applicable
Out-of-Zone / Special Request Application
Request for out of zone placement should be completed using the Out of Zone/Special Request Application and returned to the Assistant Superintendent of Student Services.
- Any request submitted after June 1st st may not receive a decision until after school begins.
- Click here for Proof of Residency form. (updated April 2017)
- NOTE: These documents must be notarized by a Notary Public outside of the school division before being turned into the school division for consideration.
KINDERGARTEN Registration for 2017-18 … Link here for informational brochure on Kindergarten.
NEW Local Videos:
Immunizations Required by Virginia Law
- 4 DTP or DTaP – at least one dose after 4th birthday
- 4 Polio – at least one dose after 4th birthday
- 2 Measles – 1st dose on/after 12 months of age; 2nd dose prior to entering kindergarten
- 2 Mumps – 1st on/after 12 months of age; 2nd dose prior to entering kindergarten
- 1 Rubella – on/after 12 months of age
- Note: Measles, Mumps, Rubella requirements are also met with 2 MMR – 1st dose on/after 12 months of age; 2nd dose prior to entering kindergarten
- 3 Hep B – (2 doses if Merck adult formulation given between 11 – 15 years of age)
- 2 Varicella – to susceptible children born on/after January 1, 1997; 1st dose on/after 12 months of age; 2nd dose prior to entering kindergarten